Monday, January 18, 2016

Cold Water


This last week was awesome! I went on exchanges with Elder Byers and it was so much fun! We saw a lot of miracles together and I learned a lot from him. 

He is a very earnest missionary. He is also very chill/relaxed. We got along great together! 

The coolest part of last week, which may be obvious, was the baptism of Zhuang Yu Qi! 
He is so awesome and was truly deserving of the title "Golden Investigator." I have loved teaching him. His understanding of the gospel grew so fast it was always a surprise at the answers he would give to our questions. I am humbled at his great faith... 
The baptism itself was very smooth, other than the cold water that filled the font, and there was a good amount of people who came to support.


Our district is making exciting progress! We are all working very hard here to help the Toufen and Miaoli wards grow. With our baptism this last Saturday we are hoping to sort of kick off these two areas. 
Toufen, the other Elders in my district, will have a baptism in two weeks as well so they are also just revving up their area! However, among all this excitement I also know there is a lot of improvement to be done. I am constantly humbled by the Elders here and their stalwart examples to me. 
Another funny thing that has been happening is the service we have been doing for a Sister Xu. She is not a member and is really old. She has us come and help her clean her TuDiGong which is a temple for the god of that area. So we have been cleaning up there a lot. 
Anyways, one of the funnier parts was that there were two women who came and sacrificed some food to the gods and as they were doing their thing, Sister Xu came up to us and whispered with a smile, "Just wait till their gone and I'll give you their food."Haha then as they were leaving one started taking the food back and Sister Xu made her give us some. We felt kind of awkward but you know how old people sometimes are. Hard to refuse sacrificed food.

I am so excited about Hannah and Spencer! I am stoked to see them in the temple! 
Never lose faith in people. I have learned that lesson the hard way. Don't ever give up ever. 
I love you mom! Thank you for your faith! 

Love,
Elder Henry David Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment