Monday, September 21, 2015

Hiphopopotamus


We had our Outdoor Zone Conference this last week which happens this time each year. Because of my visa problems, I wasn't able to be here last year, but I got to do it once so I can't complain. 
We went on a multi-zone hike on Lion Mountain. It was a steep incline with few breaks on the way, and while I am in shape as far as biking goes,it left me a little sore. 
We stopped along the way and received various trainings which were awesome and very spirit-driven. So that was our whole day on Friday! It was a nice break in the schedule we follow. 
On Saturday we had a baptism! 朱弟兄 has been meeting with us for only a few weeks and now is a member of the church. How wonderful is that! We spent most of the week on him and his baptism and it turned out to be an interesting week, but it was really good still. 
One of my favorite parts besides the baptism and outdoor zone conference was dinner last night. A member invited us and Brother Zhu over and we had a great time! 
We ended by sharing "Because of Him" and talking about how because of Christ we can go to the temple and do all of these wonderful things for our ancestors and ourselves. 
I haven't tried it before but I think really focusing on these things from the beginning will set him on a really good pace. For example, after church yesterday we had a lesson on the priesthood, how to get it, and what it is for. So we are really excited for Brother Zhu to keep on progressing and we are also really happy that our members are so willing to help us do so.
1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.   

My lyrics are bottomless.
Love,


Elder Henry David Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment