Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A fault in our MTC

This week the MTC was a good time. I constantly see Elders who I know from school, and I love the people I am surrounded by here. The best part of my week was probably receiving a package from the Brubaker family. They sent me cookies from paradise bakery and a few heart warming notes. The cookies went fast, were delicious and now EVERYONE loves the Brubaker’s. 
    I feel myself change every day. I think I have only been able to realize that because I have been thinking of my future a lot. I see myself sitting on a plane waiting to arrive in Tokyo and then Taiwan. What a wonderful day that will be haha. But I also have been able to recognize the difference because I have seen it in every other missionary I know. 
This morning I woke up and the only Elder I haven't gotten along with was ironing my shirt.. the MTC changes people. If you let it change you there is no way that the change will be bad. But if you fight it and don't give yourself to the Lord, you will notice everyone become their best selves while you stay the same. I am so imperfect. I have so many things to work on. An elder in my district began crying one night because he felt so bad for feeling angry at another elder. That is not normal. But it is wonderful. We are all trying to because worthy tools for the Lords work. Its subtle but looking back. I am a different person.
I have to say my favorite day altogether was Sunday because of the events that took place. I started off with a 5 hour "Yingwen" fast in which I did not speak a word of English. I did it for a bet and won 75 cents from the sisters in my district.. BOOYAHHH. haha 

After that we went to sacrament and it was cool because now I can understand a lot more of what the speakers are saying (all talks, hymns, and prayers are in Mandarin) The meeting was neat and the talks were good. We are supposed to write one every week because they just pick randomly who will speak so you always have to be prepared. This week my talk was on repentance and I must say it was a killer Chinese talk. haha 
 After sacrament and priesthood we have a district meeting where we discuss what we could do better and such. Then one of us gives a lesson. I haven't given a lesson but they aren't really lessons anyways. The topic is given and then everyone just piles on stories and scriptures and their testimony's and it is wonderful. That is definitely a highlight of my Sunday. But the best part came next.
Each Sunday we go on a temple walk, and my zone always meets above the temple on a hill. This spot has a view that will take your breath away. The entire valley with a temple and lake really make for a wonderful sight. The view is always nice but what hit me hard was when some sisters started singing.. We sang a lot of hymns and I loved them all, but when we started singing "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" I started to cry. 
Even now writing this I feel the Spirit. I believe that because I am overjoyed and sorrowful at the same time, and that is something only good things can bring. I miss a lot of people. Later we had a devotional and the speaker was hilarious, then we watched Characters of Christ (A talk by David L. Bednar from about five years ago) and that made me cry too. It was amazing. 
You'll notice if you ever leave a place it's not the things you miss but the people. I had so many wonderful friends and family. People are what I miss. Though I love it here I miss people... SO God Be With You Till We Meet Again.
I love you and miss you!
-Elder C


No comments:

Post a Comment