Tuesday, March 17, 2015

下雨 RAIN!



There was a lot of rain this week which is not surprising in Taiwan, but the part that makes it notable is that it was freezing cold! And as you may or may not know, most people don't like the cold, especially me! This made it difficult for us because literally NO ONE would answer our phone calls! 


We made a list of the people that wouldn't answer and it included 90% of our investigators. So, we had very few set ups which meant a lot of finding. Riding a bike in the rain is an experience I believe everyone should have because it really just helps you feel humble. Next time it rains.. SEIZE THE DAY! 
Because of this rain our week was very slow, but Sunday was and always is the day of miracles! 
First, It was very sunny and second we had set-ups almost every hour! (funny how on a sunny day we were inside people's homes all day).
We started by visiting Huang Shi Neng. He has improved a lot this week and I would like to thank all those who have been praying for him because he is off of alcohol! And on top of that he has a goal to make it to the temple to help his family become eternal. What a miracle! 

In Jeremiah chapter 29 we are given this promise about prayer: 
"12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
14 And I will be found of you, saith the Lord:" I know because of prayer we can be found of God. He will come to us and he will comfort us. 

I saw an amazing example of this as we sat in a small circle in the worn down home of Lin Jun Feng, listening to this 70 year old man witness that what we have been teaching him is true and that he would be willing to follow Christ and receive baptism. As he prayed in closing he thanked God for allowing him to meet me and my companion and that we could help him to know Christ.

Oh, and this almost brought me to my knees. I KNOW it was not me that taught this man. I know it will NEVER be me because I know that when we seek God, with all of our hearts, he will be found IN us. And when he is found in us, we become his messengers. I hope that today and tomorrow and hopefully through all of this next week and eternity, God can be found in us. 


Elder Henry David Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment