Monday, April 20, 2015

Earthquake!


During studies this morning we experienced an earthquake! It was really small but moved our building back and forth for a little bit it was cool. It was my first one ever and so that was nice. The rain has also been heating up recently. Big drops of bathwater and pollution make for a fun bike ride! 
We also made some rice last night on our own and it was hard on the top but really really mushy on the bottom. So I am not quite on the level of the Taiwanese as far as rice making goes.. Dang it!
Besides those random facts, this last Sunday Lin DX received the Holy Ghost! It was a great experience to see him make that confirming step. He has a lot of faith and even though his knowledge of the gospel is maybe not even basic yet he knows the small and simple truths of the gospel. Just like how in Conference we were told to look at the children hymn books and find the truths in those songs, he spends time each sacrament reading the hymn book! It is pretty great. 

After he was confirmed he shook the hands of those who participated in the ordinance and then walked up to the stand to shake hands with the bishop which was really cute. haha He is my favorite. 

I also went on exchanges with an Elder Gray. He is younger than me on the mission and struggles to communicate in Chinese, but he is so humble and really relies on the spirit to teach. He taught me a lot and I was grateful for that experience. It also made me realize that even if I can speak more fluently, I am still going to be a horrible teacher unless I rely on the spirit. 

We shared a talk about faith with an investigator named Hanny called "Lord I Believe" by Elder Holland. We are inviting her for the 100th time to be baptized, but This Is The Week. So keep me in your prayers that we may know how to help her accept this invitation. I am happy and I am excited for the work ahead. I think one way a mission helps me become truly converted is through change. No one who is flawed can be truly converted unless they recognize Christ and act on His teachings. 

Thank you all for support and love that I have been shown every week! Keep on trying! 

Elder Henry David Christensen 

P.S.
REVELATION FOR LILLIE JANE: 
As I was praying earlier this week I felt a prompting that Lillie Jane needs to be doing family history. Introduce her to our family’s FamilySearch website and get her to interview and add to it. I recently had to do a booklet about my ancestors and only had that site, which is missing so much attainable information. She needs to do this I am convinced it is what she needs to improve. Have her get birthdays, stories, pictures, everything. Everyone must be accounted for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment