Monday, May 18, 2015

TEMPLO

my homies
photo credit:lds.org
 Templo is Spanish for temple ;)

We went to the temple this week! We only get to every three months, so I am always excited. In the past there have been times where I was impatient. It was more like I was just waiting to go have fun after we were done working in the temple, and not really enjoying my time there. 
photo credit:lds.org
But this time, (as well as the last) I have really been able to feel the spirit and to recognize the importance of temples. I think what helped me prepare for this was President Thomas S. Monson's talk last conference:

He said "As I think of temples, my thoughts turn to the many blessings we receive therein. As we enter through the doors of the temple, we leave behind us the distractions and confusion of the world. Inside this sacred sanctuary, we find beauty and order. There is rest for our souls and a respite from the cares of our lives. As we attend the temple, there can come to us a dimension of spirituality and a feeling of peace which will transcend any other feeling which could come into the human heart. We will grasp the true meaning of the words of the Savior when He said: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you. … Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” 

When we enter the temple, no matter the reason, if we have an open heart and a willingness to focus on where we are, we will feel the spirit. I know that to be true.

Thanks for your support! I have been pretty happy recently and I can feel your prayers for me. Thank you.
litchi fruit. It is really sweet and good to eat too
Love, Your son.
Elder Henry David Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment