Wednesday, May 13, 2015

turbulence


This week was great! We worked hard and saw a lot of miracles happen for it! One of my favorite parts besides the cool beach art was going on exchanges with Elder Rasmussen. 

Some of you may remember him as my first district leader but now he is my zone leader. He is a very smart man. He will be going to Princeton when he gets home and his Chinese shows it. His vocabulary is immense and I haven't heard so many words I didn't know in one setting for a long time. 

Chinese is of small importance though, what really matters is that he is a hard worker. He is close to going home and he is in no way slowing down. I really respect him a lot. It was nice to go on exchanges with him again after so much time. I feel like that really helped me see that I had improved how ever small the amount. 

Sometimes I just stand still for a second and look at the sky and it is nice to just take a break from it all. President Uchtdorf said once "My dear brothers and sisters, we would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most." and I agree with that.
I am tired. But also, I am exhausted for others and not for myself and that is just enough to keep going. I know this is not my work. I realize more and more this small and simple truth. 














No comments:

Post a Comment