Monday, May 4, 2015

Hebrews 11: 34

my luggage
"Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens."
Qin DX (who is a jedi master)


Elder Francis showed me this scripture and I thought it was really funny so I am going to make some cool comparisons, but mostly it is just a weird scripture so I hope you enjoy that. Also, take note that my opinions are not always scripturally correct. 








Quenched the Violence of Fire- In Daniel we are told this story: "Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego, came forth of the midst of the fire. And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king’s counselors, being gathered together, saw these men, upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them." 


I believe that as missionaries we are protected. There have been many times where I have almost been hit by cars and hurt (because I have been hit but not hurt), earthquakes, sporadic fireworks and dog attacks have all been close to getting me but I am protected from the fire. 
Escaped the Edge of the Sword- This one I think of as sin. The sword is the penalty and we can only escape by repenting. I have escaped the sword in a lot of big ways just by a hair and I'll tell ya, it means a lot.
Out of Weakness Were Made Strong- Simply said, I am like Moroni in that I am not strong in writing but I can convey to you that if you bring your weaknesses to God. He will strengthen you. Moroni didn't become strong just from recognizing weakness, he relied on god and wrote one of the most powerful scripture sections ever! 



Waxed Valiant in Fight- Give it your all. DO everything you can and fight for what you believe in. 


Turned to Flight the Armies of the Aliens- I think in this passage flight doesn't mean running away necessarily, but to take swift action. This army of aliens is those things that we are not yet familiar with. So be bold, take flight and follow the prophet because he will let us know which of today's modern "aliens" we must avoid or join. 
Easter eggs
Also this week: Hanny had a beautiful baptismal service. She had, like I said last week, been an investigator for a very long time. She committed once and on that commitment she was baptized! I appreciate she only made that one commitment. She never ever backed out or deceived. She waited till she was ready and knew for sure, then she took action. Of course it is better to act with that first bit of faith than wait for it to grow a little bit, but still I was joyous at her decision to be baptized. She was very nervous the entire thing but I think it was a good experience for her in the end. What a miracle! 
mangoes

fisherman

We all need the church. You don't realize you need oxygen till you are underwater. 
I am always with you. 
I am not even that far away. 
Love your one and only boy.

Elder Henry David Christensen 


No comments:

Post a Comment