Monday, August 10, 2015

Don't get blown away by the winds of Satan

TYPHOON!

We had a great storm this week that was very similar to the Rhino storm in James and the Giant Peach. Scooters getting flung around by the wind, trees snapping and the city lights growing dim were all side effects of the colossal storm. 
However, as missionaries we are pretty protected so we went outside for a quick L.A. (less active) visit during one of the more quiet hours. We shared Alma 26:6 which reads: "Yea, they shall not be beaten down by the storm at the last day; yea, neither shall they be harrowed up by the whirlwinds; but when the storm cometh they shall be gathered together in their place, that the storm cannot penetrate to them; yea, neither shall they be driven with fierce winds whithersoever the enemy listeth to carry them." 



We compared this scriptcha to our lives and it was kind of funny because at that moment it applied in more than one way, haha. 

We do face storms. Literally, figuratively and spiritually. A storm is a great source of power and can cause great damage, but I have to say for myself I didn't fear the Typhoon. I just thought it was really cool. Our perspective can determine the outcome. Also, I noticed afterwards hundreds of people helping clean up fallen trees, which leads me to believe that when we are hit by a storm, others can and will help us "clean up." 



Lastly, the power of God is great. God will tear us down, so he can build us up. With all the confusion in the world people are swept away by storms of immorality and things that only bring sorrow all of the time. When the storms come we must hold onto our tether which is Jesus the Christ. 

Elder Henry David Christensen 





My buddy Joel got baptized this last week which was super cool, and my companion is leaving me so next week will have a lot of fun times. I am a little sad. I love him to death. He is the best. I have come to love the scriptures a whole lot. Like I would rather listen to music and read the scriptures than go talk to people or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment