Monday, August 17, 2015

How Do You Like Them Apples?

Transfers this week:
We headed to ShiLin, which is in the east zone, at around 11:00 on Thursday and switched around companions leaving Elder Hansen there and then Elder Hughes, who was my previous Zone Leader and I, headed to TaiBei for some special training thing. 
After that we traveled back to ShiLin and spent the night there. Then the next morning we all headed to the transfer meeting and got our new companions. 
My companion is Elder Facer and he is from Tennessee just like my trainer which is cool. He has two older brothers that served missions and one younger brother that is a senior. He is a super hard worker and we already get along pretty well. Today is his 5th day on island, so I am trying to help him get used to it pretty fast but he is already doing pretty good. 

Nothing special besides that really. I am almost done with the bible so within 2-3 weeks, I will be done with the missionary library. So that is pretty neat.

One thing I have learned over and over again is that God, when he calls us on a mission, calls us to work two by two. For example, I had a conversation with a guy where it was mostly me talking and after I just did not feel great. So we prayed again and my companion led and we ended up switching off and using more unity while teaching the next person and it was full of the spirit. His ways were not my ways. But I am trying.

Love,
Elder Henry David Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment