Sunday, November 29, 2015

Loops and Hoops (or I am doing happy)


This week was quite interesting. It feels like not much happened because we didn't really see a lot of success, but we did a lot of stuff and had some great experiences. I will start from the front and go to the back because that makes it more exciting. 




Last night we had about an hour to go finding at the train station. We got there and immediately started talking to people. The first person I talked to was a boy about my age who just really didn't have any belief or conception of God at all. 


At first I kind of felt weird talking to him but as it turned spiritual, it seemed like it was going well. That was until I mentioned that through prayer we can communicate with God and receive answers to the questions we asked. He kind of looked at me like I was crazy and then made an excuse and ran away which was kind of funny but also a little disheartening. Nevertheless we continued on. 



After slowly inching away from a crazy lady with no teeth we started talking to a kid who was like first, but he did believe in God... he believed that there were many Gods. We introduced Heavenly Father as a God he may not have met just yet. We shared a beautiful message of prayer and how he loves each of us. He admitted at one point after praying that he had felt the Holy Ghost. He said it was hard to explain but that it was a peaceful and a wonderful feeling. However, as we closed, we asked if we could find another time to meet with him or even just to exchange a method of contact. He refused... 




I learned a lot from that. I have encountered it many times, where a person feels the Holy Ghost and still refuses, and I can't complain because I know we are planting seeds.



Earlier in the day, my recent convert from Luodong (my second area) and her mother came all the way to see me and they even brought curry with rice! It is always good to see old friends. 



We also saw a pretty cool miracle with Church. On Friday, we were at the college here in Miao Li talking to people and we met a guy named Crimson who had super long hair and looked like a designer (which he was). After a little while of talking, his brother ran past and said hi, which we didn't really take into account, but then yesterday one of the recent converts in our ward, Annie, brought her boyfriend into sacrament meeting. It was the older brother that had ran past!! We were pretty stoked about that and it was pretty neat. We talked for a while and found out his birthday is one day before mine so we are the same age. He is super cool and his name in Chinese is Qian which means money. We will be meeting with him this week which we are excited about. 


Elder Stevenson, yes the new apostle, came and spoke to us. He said to save some "finding" energy for after the mission and encouraged us all with a "you can get married!" So we were pretty excited for the news.







We got interviewed by a group of teenagers at a library who were very fascinated with us and what we were doing (which was nice and pretty rare). 



Our ward bought a giant turkey and we had a very delicious Chinese dinner after which I had to tell the Thanksgiving story in Chinese hahaha. 
 So it was a busy week. I am doing happy. 

Love,

Elder Henry David Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment