Tuesday, November 3, 2015

MA! DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA!

MA! DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA! (I told him that I missed him so much that sometimes I cry)
This week I was talking to a friend who was visiting from the other side of Taiwan and we started talking about you. She was asking what kind of food you made and all that you did. I was very grateful reflecting back on all that you made for me and did to make me happy. I am always sad looking back because I know I wasn't the best to you, but I am hopeful looking forward because I am getting better and I have realized now just have amazing you and Doug are. I am only happy that you are happy. I hope when I get home to be able to make you proud again and again.     
We have one investigator, Sister Chen Jia Wen, who is progressing really well and was able to attend all three hours of church yesterday and then meet with us after. She was actually a referral from a member in the Philippines who has been teaching her English over Skype. We are very blessed to be able to teach her. 
We have had quite a few lessons end with her expressing how moved she was by our message. The Holy Ghost is really working with her. She says she doesn't like rules and doesn't like meetings, but our meetings and commandments make sense to her, and she is willing to keep all that we have taught her. It has been really cool to watch her and help her progress. We are praying for the 14th of this month! She also has an 8 year old son so hopefully we can start working with him soon as well. 
One fun thing about the week is that I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Rasmussen who is one of my brothers here in Taiwan. We were in this village and found this 7 floor empty tower and decided to check it out. The basement was full of water and almost all of the windows were broken. It was sketchy but cool too.

My companion and I are well. We have always gotten along really well, and now we are working together really well on top of that too. I must say it has been a huge honor serving with him and I'll be sad when it ends. This week I sort of bore my testimony to him about the power of the spirit and the fact that each of my companions have taught me something I needed to learn. Meaning, I know that the spirit has helped my previous presidents and is helping President Jergensen when he assigns who I will be companions with. 
This next transfer is not very certain but I would love to stay here in ZhuBei and even have another transfer with Elder Facer. 

Elder Henry David Christensen 

p.s. It is great to hear all is well. I am prepping my legs for those long hikes. Thank you for the prayers. I also fasted for you this week. I love you!! Hope you are happy and also that you know you are super awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment