Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Happy Chinese New Year

First things first. I miss milk so much. Crepes too. I am dying for avocado. I miss milk.
Selfie and my desk
This week for almost every meal we ate at a different member's house to celebrate the Chinese New Year and it was fun at first, but I was sick of eating pizza for every meal after the 2nd time but still had pizza for 4 more meals after that. Haha. Still I am grateful. 
It was fun but stressful because we are supposed to keep it (the dinner and share) under an hour.  But a lot of the time the members think that is just a loose rule and they aren't even done cooking by the time we get there. It is stressful! So be wary of missionaries time when they come over! It took away a lot of time we could have used in other places more effectively.
saki! Don't worry, it is not Japanese alcohol... it is cream soda
Eating was not too bad though. Most of the food was great and it is fun to get to know the members better. The worst part of it all was that all of our conversations ended up being about marriage and what we are going to do after the mission and all that stuff and it was distracting. Our finding time was very ineffective as our hearts and thoughts were carried away in after mission thoughts. 
pikachu surfing
Sunday was a little better because we did not meet with any members and therefore were not full of fattening foods and 要回家的思想s. It is funny however that we as missionaries spend so much time focusing on other families and their importance but are not to think of it for ourselves yet. I think missions are like a 2 year prep. for marriage haha.
There is a place here called "jiu fen" and we are going there today. It is the grassy field scene in Spirited Away when they come out of the red building and enter the other world. So it will be cool to see. 
We were able to present what was my first ever zone meeting last week and while it took a lot of work and we were both very nervous it went pretty well. 
We also were able to go on exchanges with a struggling companionship and help them. It was cool seeing how just after the exchange they were able to turn their area around. Super cool.
Here are some of my favorite lines from a favorite hymn:

More holiness give me, 
More patience in suff'ring,
More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my Savior,
More sense of his care,
More joy in his service,
More purpose in prayer.
More gratitude give me,
More trust in the Lord,
More pride in his glory,
More hope in his word,
More tears for his sorrows,
More pain at his grief,
More purity give me,
More strength to o'ercome,
More longing for home.
More fit for the kingdom,
More used would I be,
More blessed and holy--
More, Savior, like thee.

Love,
Elder Henry David Christensen 
my new guitar (got it off the streets but it is super nice haha)


LUCY IS GOING TO ITALY!!! WHAT THE!! THAT IS SO SICK!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment