Monday, February 29, 2016

$300 for mangos


1. What is the very best thing you eat on a regular basis?
That is kind of a hard question. Most consistently we eat not very good food because it is cheap and I am saving money for mango season. Right now I have about 10,000 Taiwan dollars saved up just for mango season. We eat 鍋貼 quite often which is kind of like a dumpling but it is long and fried. Very cheap and unhealthy. We only do that when we are really poor or looking for trouble.

2. What is the grossest thing you have eaten in Taiwan?
Stinky tofu or pigs skin because they leave the hair in it and I hate eating hair and stinky things.

3. Are you still on bikes, or do you walk or take public transportation?
We bike if we are going to certain places but mostly just walk.


4. What have you learned over the past 19 months about the gospel that you really did not understand before?
The Atonement. I know at least a little more how it works and why it is so crucial. 

5. What is your favorite thing to teach from Preach My Gospel?
The restoration is central to everything that we teach. 



6. Do you like your Mission President?
Yes, he is awesome.

I started ponderizing for the first time this last week and I actually have enjoyed having a scripture on my mind all week to keep my thoughts in line with the work. I chose Jeremiah 29:12-14 which reads, "Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord..." 

I have been trying to focus on my prayers recently because I feel that a lot of the time they are just done to pray and not to actually communicate with our Father in Heaven. We are praying all day everyday and it is really easy to say a meaningless prayer. The scriptures have this role to remind and teach us about simple but precious blessings such as prayer. 
Mission Leader Conference was fun this last week. It felt almost like we were in a business conference for part of it haha. I enjoyed it and learned a lot. I still feel like I don't really belong in the circle of awesome missionaries. I know most if not all of the missionaries in attendance and they are those who I have looked up to, who have always been examples to me, and I don't feel I quite fit in. 
  


A guy from main land china surprise attack kissed me the other day.


THAT'S ALL FOLKS.


Elder Henry David Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment